Welcome to Kindergarten with Bus Welcome to Kindergarten with Bus

Registration for Kindergarten

Kindergarten Registration commences the 3rd Monday of January each year.

Are we your catchment school?

1. Enter your primary home address into our School Locator portal to determine your neighbourhood catchment school. Families must register first with their neighbourhood catchment school, regardless of where they may want to send their child.

2. Choose one of the registration options below. Regardless of the chosen registration method, all families will be required to provide identification documents to satisfy proof of age and proof of address, etc. Please provide an accurate email address and phone number for parent/guardian contact.

A.  MyEd Online Registration (requires a computer, not a cell phone); or


Please note that all New Registrations completed online, (no siblings attending school already) will be required to present original documents in person at the school office.

  • Refer to Registration Checklist to ensure you have all documents you need to register your child

    What if I want to apply to a school in a different neighbourhood catchment?

  • If you are interested in having your child attend a school that is not your catchment school, you will need to refer to Abbotsford School District site information for District Policy: AP 336-3 In-District Non-Catchment Request.  
  •  Fill out the Out of Catchment request form and have your in-catchment school Principal sign.  Bring signed form to the office or email a copy to school.
  • Applications will be received by the requested school beginning in February. Gr 1-5 applications will be reviewed in March, June and September. Kindergarten out-of-catchment applications will be reviewed AFTER the first week of school in September. Out-of-catchment applications will only be considered once all catchment students have been accommodated. An application does not guarantee acceptance. You will still need to formally register at your neighbourhood catchment school.
  • Please don’t hesitate to contact our school office at 604-856-5083 if you require any additional information.

If both parents are not a Canadian Citizen (even if your child was born in Canada):

Parents with temporary resident status such as work permits, study permits, and refugee claimants can submit their funding eligibility application through mytruenorth.ca with their required documentation.
Once the submitted documents are assessed and approved by our International Department for ministry funding eligibility, you will receive an email notification to contact your catchment school to complete the registration process.

Parents who are permanent residents need to contact the SWIS Program at Archway Community Services prior to registering at your catchment school. Please contact inder.singh@archway.ca.

Check out our district site for more information.  Families New to Canada

If one or both parents are Canadian Citizens (even if your child was born outside of Canada), complete the registration process as outlined in step #2

Documents Required for Registering

Proof of age of the child by birth certificate is required for all new student registrations (schools will make a photocopy). To ensure the child being registered qualifies for Ministry of Education funding, the biological parents/legal guardians’ status and the biological parents/legal guardians’ residency need to be established. Schools may register the child providing the following are established:

1. At least one biological parent/legal guardian is a Canadian Citizen by birth or naturalized (obtained citizenship) and they can support this with the following pieces of identification:

  • Parent’s Canadian Citizenship Card.
  • Parent’s Canadian Birth Certificate; and
  • Parent’s Canadian Passport.

2. The biological parent/legal guardian must provide proof of residency, and provide at least ONE of the following:

  • Utility bill
  • Mortgage document
  • Property Sale Agreement
  • Property Tax Notice/Assessment
  • Rental or Lease Agreement

3. In addition, at least ONE of the following documents containing the name and address of the parent/guardian is required:

  • Child Tax Statement
  • Government Notice of Assessment
  • Current Year T4
  • Government document (e.g. MSP bill)

4. You will also need to provide your child's Personal Health Card (if not enrolled in MSP, please provide private medical insurance documents for field trip purposes)

5. If applicable, please provide a copy of your child's Immunization Record

Registration will be considered complete when a parent/guardian has provided the required supporting documents (proof of address, birth certificate etc.) along with a fully completed AP336-1 Student Registration form. Submission of these documents may be through the online MyEd BC registration portal, or by submitting registration documents via email, fax or dropped off at our school.

Families with children already registered in the school district will be able to provide their identification documents electronically, instead of in person.

Families new to our school district may complete and submit their registration documents electronically, but they must submit all original supporting documents in person.

Once registration is received and complete, parents/guardians will receive a welcome email and instructions on additional required release forms.